Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Add Custom Revit Parameters to the Reflect Viewer Filter

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by dandeery, Sep 10, 2020.

1. dandeery

dandeery

I want to add custom parameters to the Reflect Filter. I have added the parameters to Revit. Added them to the keys on the Metadata canvas & added them to the Key variables in the MetadataTopMenu Script. But they don't appear in the filter.

Is the list of parameters that the filter can access hardcoded or can I add to it. If so where.

Thanks

2. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

Morning Dan
    Reflect generates the list from the model at runtime (@FredMoreau pls confirm this) from the categories, not the parameters, I don't think it is hard coded but if it was, it would make sense since Reflect is essentially a BIM application.

The hardcoding of categories is in Revit. Since it is a BIM application and it strictly adheres to BIM standards it wont let you create new categories as this would mess up the BIM workflow when you start using other BIM applications. You can, however, create project parameters that will be imported in Reflect, although it wont be in the list.

So the question is why do you need that?
    1) If it is so that you can isolate or do something with specific elements in the scene at runtime, then you can add a project parameter to the model and then access that via script in Unity. You can link that then to a button.
    2) If you need to switch a single whole element off you could create it as a new family. Reflect lists all the families in the project at runtime.