Search Unity

Add animation in person model, but in weird posture.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TrevorSun, Dec 14, 2018.

1. TrevorSun

TrevorSun

2. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Retargeted animations is the google keyword you'll need. Here's to get you started :

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Retargeting.html

Lots of youtube tutorials covering this which is probably easier to get started with at first.

It is a bit of studying but overall the process is pretty simple. Any mecanim-compliant skeleton can be retargeted. The mesh is a separate thing from the skeleton. The mesh must be bound to the skeleton. That will already be done for you with some models, but if they are not bound to a mecanim-compliant skeleton you will have to do that manually in a 3d application like Maya or Blender. In most cases that won't be necessary if you are using models from the asset store.

It will help to know a bit about how skeletons work and what mecanims criteria for a humanoid skeleton is.

Schneider21 likes this.
  3. TrevorSun

TrevorSun

Hi BIGTIMEMASTER

Thanks so much for your reply, i was stuck in some personal errand that just read your note today.

yes, i tried the method in the note you post but it still not work for me(actually I tried similar way before by some other note).

I have some thought that:

By change the default model with new model avatar, it still works fine,

So I guess there have no problem related to in-correct avatar,

So I assume there should be possible by directly assign the animator controller to new model and works (without create new GameObject like in the note).

Again this is just my thought.

YouTube is not valid in my area…… but anyway I will check it later when traveling, and keep you updated.

Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes.