Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

ADB profiling data do not show up in profiler window

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kaiyum, Nov 7, 2018.

1. kaiyum

kaiyum

I followed this guide: https://docs.unity3d.com/540/Documentation/Manual/Profiler.html
    My unity version: Unity LTS 2017.4.9f1
    Platform: Android

I did "build and run" according to the guide:
    upload_2018-11-7_18-29-3.png

I plugged the phone via USB cable. The adb console shows this:
    upload_2018-11-7_18-30-27.png

And the profiler window looks like this:
    upload_2018-11-7_18-31-58.png

See, there is no data coming up! :(:(
    I tried this too:
    upload_2018-11-7_18-33-14.png

Still no luck. I can profile via wifi but its horribly slow. So slow that I can not even play on mobile while I am profiling in PC; looked like I was rendering images one in every seconds or so. So I thought adb profiling can give it a good shot.

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

The Manual pages you linked to are for Unity 5.4 and have been updated for 2017.4 where the port changed to 34999.
    That doesn't explain why build & run doesn't work though. I'm assuming you're not disconnecting the phone, restarting the app or killing adb daemon?
    This could be a bug. You could try if it works with a different Unity version or device or file a bug report directly.
    As a workaround, you could also try build and install it manually, then go to cmd and enter

Code (CSharp):
    1. ~$ adb forward tcp:34999 localabstract:Unity-com.portbliss.GAMENAME
    2. ~$ adb shell am start -n com.portbliss.GAMENAME/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity -e 'unity'
    And then choosing that target through the drop down in the Profiler window.

While it shouldn't make a difference, maybe also try the Auto Connect Profiler option. But really, this should be working and I don't have enough insight into debugging via adb. Wifi usually does it for me.

3. kaiyum

kaiyum

Thanks @MartinTilo .
    adb forward tcp:34999 localabstract:Unity-com.portbliss.GAMENAME

This worked for me. :)
    On WiFi, the framerate is horrible. On cable it works like a magic :)

friuns3 and MartinTilo like this.
unityunity