Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Official Adaptive Probe Volumes (APVs) experimental release for HDRP in 2021.2

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Matjio, Feb 11, 2022.

1. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

Hello, yes there's work ongoing for denoising probes. Can't really give you a release date but as soon as we can :D

Kabinet13 and PaulMDev like this.
  2. AydinDeveloper

AydinDeveloper

@adrien-de-tocqueville , any updates on dynamic APV? We are currently using Enlighten realtime GI in our project. APV can work with volumetric fog. It would be much nicer if the static surface and dynamic object were illuminated with the same technique.

3. Avol

Avol

Getting this error in 6000.0.2f1, due to duplicated ProbeVolumePerSceneData, somehow that happened through version changes.
    upload_2024-5-21_10-40-25.png

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  4. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

no still no update unfortunately.

hum that's weird, i guess you should deleted the duplicated perscenedata, thanks for the report

5. Avol

Avol

Also I've noticed that the more renderers there are in the scene the more exponentially longer it takes to do integration step. And at some amount of renderers ir fully freezes forever (sometimes appstatusbar update, sometimes just freezes without a progress window). Currently im using multiple baking sets to split the world into small bake batches to overcome this problem, which makes my probevolumeset 9x larger in memory. I assume batch baking is still not a thing. Would it be possible to maybe make a distance parameter per each cell/probe to not include renderers/lights at specific range to massively improve the speed of baking? Also maybe an option to choose which LOD level to render for GI? Currently unclear how thats handeled.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
  6. sevengiants

sevengiants

APV - awesome technology!
    upload_2024-5-24_0-6-59.png

AydinDeveloper likes this.
  7. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

Unity Issue Tracker - [HDRP] Light doesn't bounce off terrains (unity3d.com)

before this bug fixed,APVs will only take 2-5 mins to bake a scene with a terrain in unity6000.0.0 hdrp,
    though it won't have the bounced lighting from terrain but at least APVs works on terrain,not like it in 2023.2 and 2023.3.

after this bug fixed,APVs will take 30-60mins to bake a scene with a terrain in unity6000.0.3 hdrp then report so many errors with such a simple test scene.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    UnityEngine.Bindings.ThrowHelper.ThrowNullReferenceException (System.Object obj) (at <a8dbfcead97c40aabc191fa10f8bc4ea>:0)
    UnityEngine.LightTransport.BakeProgressState.Progress () (at <73a3dfce8d924ed9b6f03532835e4f71>:0)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.AdaptiveProbeVolumes+BakeJob.get_currentStep () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Editor/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeGIBaking.LightTransport.cs:151)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.AdaptiveProbeVolumes.BakeDelegate (System.Single& progress, System.Boolean& done) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Editor/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeGIBaking.cs:1042)
    UnityEditor.Lightmapping.AdditionalBake (System.Single& progress, System.Boolean& done) (at <73a3dfce8d924ed9b6f03532835e4f71>:0)

dfgdfg.jpg

(just saying, please don't put this fix back to 2022.3 LTS before apv truely works with terrain.)

8. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

I don't think it's related to the fix, and i also don't understand how this error can happen. Could you report a bug with the repro scene please ?
    Is it exactly the same terrain and baking settings that you used in both versions ? terrain with a large amount of vertices are known to be slow to bake

9. Jesper-Mortensen

Jesper-Mortensen

Unity Technologies

In 2023.3b1 we added a small fix that bakes probes in smaller batches for APV. Are you using this (or later) release? If you could share your project we could have a look at what is causing this performance cliff. But we currently do not have any range limits for what affects GI or any automatic LOD handling that adapts to the probes being baked - LOD0 is always used.

We are working on a larger rearchitecture of the underlying code to allow for things such as this in a future version, so very interested in knowing what kind of controls that would help you the most?

Cheers,
    Jesper

10. SomethingElse12

SomethingElse12

using 6000.0.2. The problem is that I need to bake 10x10 sqr km world with absolutely huge amount of renderers. If I bake a scene individually or with loaded scenes around it which would be approx 900x900 sqm m it can handle that in about an hour. If I bake a single scene without loading those around its about 2 minutes. When I move on to next scene, where other probe volume lays and bake that it would reset the previously baked probe volume (all probe volumes are in the same baking set). This wasn't a thing in 2023.1 I think, and I could bake my whole world while loading in individual scenes. Now its impossible. Now if I try to bake the whole world unity either crashes after 8 hours of first integration step or freezes forever. It doesn't matter how much probe spacing or rays I use in settings, it seems to be purely related to the amount of renderers. So returning invidual scene baking which was working in first releases of APV or making something new to make baking large world (in parts, per scene/probe volume) possible would be great. Project too big to share, requires too much setup to make it work on other pcs. And I do have 128gb of ram etc.

Now i've tried to overcome this problem by making many baking sets and switch them around at runtime, but a problem with that is that for a brief period of time no baking set is displayed while the new one is loaded in. This only happens if baking set is larger in memory size. The transition is seamless with smaller baking sets.

Last edited: May 24, 2024
  11. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

New added info:
    Ok,i take my words back.
    today i continued my testing,
    no matter it's a clear new baking or continued based on the data from "terrain with no terrain layers" they all baked pretty fast.
    i don't know what happened.
    it also took so long baking time with a terrain with terrain layers in 2022.3.27 which i knew it doesn't have bounced lighting from terrain.
    i really have no idea now.
    i will keep do more test in the future...
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Old info:
    Ok,i've done some more research,
    i'm sure the baking time is releated to the bug fix,
    but the error reports is something about the size of baked data.

all with a simple flat default terrain with some simple trees.
    only one Probe Volume with size 250m*50*250m.
    all APVs baking setting are the default one,nothing touched.
    (min probe spacing :1m , max probe spacing 27m...etc)
    all light baking setting are default one.
    lightmap parameters:default - verylowresolution
    apvvvv.jpg

Unity6000.0.0hdrp, terrain with no terrain layers + APV, baking time : 55s
    Unity6000.0.0hdrp, terrain with 4 terrain layers + APV, baking time : 56s - 1m05s(no bounced light from terrain though)

Unity6000.0.3hdrp,terrain with no terrain layers + APV, baking time : 1m15s - 3m
    Unity6000.0.3hdrp,terrain with 4 terrain layers + APV, baking time : a clear new baking takes 34m or more.
    if you bake the "terrain with 4 terrain layers" based on the baked data from "terrain with no terrain layers" it will only take 1m30s,and the bounced lighting will as same as the clear new baking.i guess this is useless,nobody will paint their terrains layers after baking.

(my favorite version2022.2,APVs renders fast,terrain bounces the light,no error reports)
    unity2022.2.20hdrp,terrain with no terrain layers + APV, baking time : 1m01s -1m54s
    unity2022.2.20hdrp,terrain with 4 terrain layers + APV, baking time : 3m26s -2m55s(with good bounced light from terrain)

i think APVs begins to bake with those terrain layers in 6000.0.3 like it had in 2022.2.20.
    but the baking time really could have some optimization compare to 2022.2.20.

about those error reports.
    i think it is related to the size of lighting data.
    i got those errors when the baked data size is bigger than 200MB.
    but when i baked with increased min distance between probes so i can have a smaller baked data file,the errors disappeared.

i will do more research to see if i can get those errors constantly so it worth a bug report.

Last edited: May 26, 2024
  12. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

Btw,i think Unity could add an option in APVs "don't bake with terrain layer".
    because most people are using converted mesh terrains,so they don't care apv bakes terrain or not.
    but they are using the terrain to store the data of trees and details,so they still need the terrain can be baked so the trees could be baked in APVs.
    disable contribute GI for terrain will also disable contribute gi for trees in terrain, so this is not an option.

it's a cool optimization for people.

here is just an old project i made in 2022.2.20 with APVs and Unity terrain,i really miss the time when everything simply worked.

kj.jpg

Kabinet13 and Avol like this.
  13. fendercodes

fendercodes

I'm new to Unity 6. For very large outdoor scenes with dynamic lighting, what would be the recommended solution for lighting on HDRP? Precomputed Realtime GI, RTGI, SSGI, APV, DXR.. I'm slightly lost.

14. Kabinet13

Kabinet13

You can disable Contribute GI in the terrain object's settings.

15. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

This is the reason why i ask for ignoring the terrain layer but bake the terrain.
    because disable Contribute GI in terrain will also disable baking trees in terrain.
    i should ask it directly.
    but i guess some people will simply want their terrain could do some "Ambient Occlusion" thing with trees.

16. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

Precomputed Realtime GI: it's fxxking slow when it updates the lighting in huge world and it's impossible to bake it for huge world,the baked data will be simply too large.

RTGI or DXR: it's good if all of your players got rtx graphic cards.

SSGI: it's too noisy and not good for skined mesh at all,the performance is also bad.use it to do some fake gameplay screenshots only.

APVs:in my experience,it's only good when your baked data is smaller than 500Mb,bigger than 500Mb ? performance drops fast based on the baked data size. what is the concept of 500Mb data? in my game it's a 1KM * 1KM island with APVs set to 1.5-3m(based on the complexity) min probe space,the details are pretty bad if you totally rely on APVs,you must use APVs with shadowmask or baked indirect together.
    but APVs is not dynamic,even though you can blend different data and it got sky occlusion in Unity6,but you don't have sky occlusion for shadowmask or baked indirect.

as you can see,you have none GI solution for huge world with dynamic lighting.
    so there is only 2 ways to do lighting in huge world as most 99% games made with Unity:

1.give up on GI,use the environment lighting from physically based sky.
    also you can combine it with a trick i used: bake the noon sky lighting as baked indirect,so you use those baked lightmap as sky occlusion. adjust their intensity and white blance in the volume to mimic envirment lighting in time of day.character's envirment lighting could be from old lightprobes.not amazing but works at least.
    i have no proofs but feels Ghost Of Tsushima is doing it like this,at least it shoud look like Ghost Of Tsushima.

2.split your world into small areas and stream them when they are needed.
    it's simply as you are working on small world game.
    so you can use Precomputed Realtime GI and APVs.
    I'm using APVs with shadowmask,for safety reason,APVs is pretty new,using it is already risky enough,i didn't try to stream APVs data,i simply add portals for every area of my game like small world game,even though my game have more than 10km view distance.
    i didn't try to blend different APVs for performance reason,also you can't blend shadow mask or baked indirect lightmaps,i simply change the lighting data when player switch diferent game areas.
    it sounds lame,but at least looks good.

btw,using APVs is the only way you can get AAA games quality lighting for vegetations.
    a 1km x 1km area with 2m min probe space looks like this in my game.
    runs at 130-150 fps in 2k on rtx4090.
    almost same quality and performance like Horizon Forbidden West.

aassss.jpg

fendercodes and rawna like this.
  17. SomethingElse12

SomethingElse12

upload_2024-5-27_9-43-49.png

after 3 days of baking get stuck on this (gameview/sceneview repaint) if I try to bake the full world. integration step reaches about 50%, but seems random when this repaint happens. gpu bake on full world is not possible, throws tlas error right away.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  18. sevengiants

sevengiants

Can you suggest how to adjust the intensity of APV shading in the foliage of a tree? I have changed inderect lighting in the Directional Sun properties, but the shading of the foliage does not change at all.
    I would like to make the shading of the foliage not as strong. upload_2024-5-27_15-20-20.png

19. LumaPxxx

LumaPxxx

i have some thoughts:
    1.You could try increase the indirect diffuse lighting in indirect lighting controller or increase the indirect intensity in lightmap settings and rebake the lighting.
    2.place vegetations in the nature way.trees won't be as dense as the pictures showed.
    3.use some vegetation assets made as the real trees.leaves won't be so dense in the center of a tree.
    4.did you set the leaves material to translucent or subsurface scattering? is the thickness set to a lower value?if not,you should do it for the leaves.

sevengiants likes this.
  20. Rowlan

Rowlan

Unity 6.0.4 console spam:

Code (CSharp):
    1. IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.ProbeGlobalIndirection.MarkEntriesAsUnloaded (System.Int32[] entriesFlatIndices) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Runtime/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeIndexOfIndices.cs:171)
    3. UnityEngine.Rendering.ProbeReferenceVolume.UnloadCell (UnityEngine.Rendering.ProbeReferenceVolume+Cell cell) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Runtime/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeReferenceVolume.cs:1121)
    4. UnityEngine.Rendering.ProbeReferenceVolume.UnloadAllCells () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Runtime/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeReferenceVolume.cs:1161)
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.ProbeReferenceVolume.CleanupLoadedData () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Runtime/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeReferenceVolume.cs:2125)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.ProbeReferenceVolume.PerformPendingIndexChangeAndInit () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Runtime/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeReferenceVolume.cs:1391)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.ProbeReferenceVolume.PerformPendingOperations () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/Runtime/Lighting/ProbeVolume/ProbeReferenceVolume.cs:1533)
    8. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.LightLoopNewFrame (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDCamera hdCamera) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs:848)
    9. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:2760)
    10. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:2396)
    11. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at <240ff6271d47469a95269de220922c38>:0)
    12. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipelineAsset, System.IntPtr loopPtr, UnityEngine.Object renderRequest, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at <240ff6271d47469a95269de220922c38>:0)
    13. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

21. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

Yes sorry about that it should be fixed in 6.0.5

Tigrian and Rowlan like this.
  22. Rowlan

Rowlan

Works now, thanks! How do you get rid of this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. No more space in Reflection Probe Atlas. To solve this issue, increase the size of the Reflection Probe Atlas in the HDRP settings.
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    By that I mean getting rid of it once and for all without user interaction, I know how to solve that manually :)

Gets spammed directly out of the HDRP demo scene in 6.0.5, just installed Unity and nothing else.

I have to increase it anyway, no matter the asset I install, so that error spam with manual interaction is a waste of time for everyone.

23. jiraphatK

jiraphatK

How do you installed version .05? I can't see it on archive page

24. fendercodes

fendercodes

Thanks for the info! Looks like APVs are useful in many scenarios for sure.

What about for the opposite, a small indoors environment? Like a house with windows and daylight coming in. I read that you can prebake APVs for different lighting conditions and then interpolate between them? Sounds good for 1 directional light but what if you want to turn the lights on and off in each individual room? Sounds difficult to prebake the indirect light from all those combinations..

25. sacb0y

sacb0y

upload_2024-6-4_5-25-26.png

Anyone know what this is? I get it every time I bake and the bake appears glitched.

I assume this is some kind of mesh issue.

Source is from here.

upload_2024-6-4_5-26-52.png

EDIT: this is Unity 6.0.4

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  26. sacb0y

sacb0y

The above issue seems to be causing a problem where the APV only works in a small area

upload_2024-6-4_20-25-32.png

27. camerondus

camerondus

Hi,
    Ive found an issue with lighting objects using APV. It would appear that in HDRP, objects lit using APV are not receiving proper brightness in reflection probes. I have an indirect lighting controller in the scene to boost GI, though im not sure if that is the cause of the issue.

upload_2024-6-4_21-9-16.png

As you can see in this screenshot, the probe lit obects (the props on the counter) are much brighter in the reflection probe capture then they should be, resulting in bright white reflections on the counter top. im on unity 6000.0.4, any advice on how to fix it? thanks!

28. SomethingElse12

SomethingElse12

it's cuz of exposure. probe preview doesn't use your volumes exposure, lighting in the scene from probe is correct though I think, atleast in my project.

29. sacb0y

sacb0y

This issue and the former i posted do not occur on 6000.0.3

30. camerondus

camerondus

its not just the probe preview, its also the applied reflection. notice how bright the reflections of the props are on the counter

31. SomethingElse12

SomethingElse12

Don't see the window itself if its that bright so can't tell, but you might be right. Wonder if we will have a fully functioning baking system anytime soon or we will be stuck with this for long.

32. sacb0y

sacb0y

Another note...

upload_2024-6-6_9-50-18.png

Scenario blending has this error for if a scenario has not been baked yet, it would be useful to have "scenarios" exposed so we can do the check before this point.

I have a script I use to configure the scene and if lighting data exists load the lighting. But I cannot do that properly with this error, and i cannot seem to be able to do the check before this point. instead I get the error that stops everything.

PaulMDev likes this.
  33. jiraphatK

jiraphatK

Tested the new light leaking quality mode
    No leak reduction
    NVIDIA_Share_lAh7ENuRFM.png

Performance
    NVIDIA_Share_zqaD3UhAed.png

Quality
    NVIDIA_Share_0tfMDHIFuB.png

It's great to be able to invalidate probes effectively. But I assume due to the limitation of the probe system, the jagged light will never go away? Such a shame.

NVIDIA_Share_1cMhydmkOF.png

34. sacb0y

sacb0y

You might want to try the new render layers function to separate inside and outside better, and also try virtual offset instead of In validation.

35. Kabinet13

Kabinet13

Using rendering layers is extremely effective, but you need geometry designed to be split into different meshes to differentiate the inside from the outside. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the tradeoff, since it basically eliminates light leaking, and it's fairly easy to work into an asset creation workflow.

adrien-de-tocqueville likes this.
  36. jiraphatK

jiraphatK

I don't think rendering layer would help because this wall is a single mesh.
    Virtual offset will only push invalid probe to a direction. But since there is no invalid probe here, it won't have any effect. Good old non-aligned thin wall with both side being viewable surface will continue to be the dead of apv.

37. camerondus

camerondus

we need an APV light layers example scene, i was unable to get it to work on my end. when i enabled the layers, and threw the geometry on specific light layers, i finished baking the lighting, and there were no probes. subsequent bakes hung on 99%. i then restarted my pc, got a bake to finish, and it didn't seem to use the layers at all (despite the layers being displayed in the "probe layer" debug mode)

38. sacb0y

sacb0y

(31) URP 3D sample deep dive: Lighting techniques webinar - YouTube

yeah a sample scene would be good but the above webinar demo'd it along with how to debug it.

Another odd issue is sometimes I need to bake multiple times before things work properly.

Ah ideally if the inside wall and outside wall are a separate mesh that should solve the issue.

39. sacb0y

sacb0y

In 6000.0.3 URP i'm seeing an issue where randomly there's APV errors. This is not a sampling issue from what I can tell. The probes render correctly, the sampling debugger seems to be fine, but for some reason there's a glow.

Screenshot 2024-06-07 055326.png

There is no light source here that would cause this.

Here simply baking again fixes the problem.
    Screenshot 2024-06-07 055331.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-07 063218.png

Again

Screenshot 2024-06-07 064859.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-07 064946.png

This is with no settings changes and no recalculation of probes.

I don't remember having this problem before.

40. sacb0y

sacb0y

Another example showing the sampling isn't the problem
    upload_2024-6-8_21-37-16.png

41. sacb0y

sacb0y

in Unity 6000.0.3 when changing scenes after baking APV, the settings from the previous scene will persist until reloading unity.

42. vlastan

vlastan

After updating from 6000.3 to 6000.5 i can no longer bake any volume in my scene.
    The baking process finishes but the console is full of "Brick out of bounds" messages and the scene start to constantly freeze until i clear the baking data. The baking results are also incomplete with missing informations.
    Everything was working fine in 6000.3.
    Even baking with a minimum probe distance of 5 or 6 results in the same baking errors.

Update: I found out that lowering the max probe spacing parameter to the second step (27m instead of 71m) makes me able to finish the bake. Shouldn't a larger max distance be preferable and more optimized since it will bake less probes in areas where they are less needed ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024 at 12:08 PM
  43. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

That's not expected, but i couldn't reproduce it. I think it's linked to the size of your world, so maybe not easy to make a repro project, but if you can try that would help. Are you using the probe offset maybe ? also what's your min and max space between probes ?
    This is not a mesh issue, it's just that some cells fail to load for some reason

44. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

Reflection probes should sample APV, so maybe there are disabled in the framesettings of the probe, or maybe it's the indirect lighting controller but i think it's a setup issue here

45. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

that's a good point, i'll add the API

46. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

I can't see the probe but based on the artefacts i assume your house is rotated relatively to the grid.
    The way to fix those would be to use rendering layers if possible. That way you can split the probes in eg. interior and exterior region. This requires to setup the rendering layers on the meshes also, but if you are using reflection probes that is required anyway to avoid specular light leaking
    Alternatively you can increase the normal bias, it improves a bit but that doesn't really work in general

47. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

I wonder if this couldn't be due to the reflection probes. If APV are not loaded around aprobe during baking, it will be baked without apv which could result in wrong lighting.

48. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

what do you mean settings from the previous scene ?

49. sacb0y

sacb0y

The entire APV settings will remain, like scenarios and other configs.

Then I reload unity with the new scene and it resets properly.

50. sacb0y

sacb0y

No the reflection probes are fine, i can tell it's some sort of incorrect probe behavior cause its affected by things like volume probe settings. The dithering is visible and all that.

Additionally the probes are realtime and I can bake them after the APV is loaded or baked. Same issue.