Search Unity

Adamar: Crossing the Abyss Between Us

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by keilyn3d, Nov 5, 2013.

1. keilyn3d

keilyn3d

Hi, here I want to post the progress of the game that my small team are developing.

Adamar: Crossing the Abyss Between Us

if you can provide feedback from what you see I would be grateful.

2. MurDocINC

MurDocINC

Great start but it needs polish of course. Character models have small hands/feet, animations are stiff(hips) and foot sound effects too loud/annoying.

Anyways, can you post more about story and gameplay. Right now it seems like a zelda type game.

3. keilyn3d

keilyn3d

Thanks for the feedback, many people have told me about the animations, I will work on it, and I will replace all the sound.

I'll post updates to show you the progress.

Thanks.

4. scarpelius

scarpelius

I like the sun effect on sword :), but rest of the graphic needs polish. Animations too. NPC seems too stiff.

5. Gnimmel

Gnimmel

This is a nice start, I like the extra details like fish and chickens, but I agree with others about the animations.

He looks robotic when swinging the sword, you need to break his arm a little. By that I mean bend it at the elbow and animate it instead of just swinging it. Start the motion with the shoulders and body a frame or 2 before the arm and leave the sword motion till last.

To help the walk, your feet only move forwards and backwards, but you need to add some side to side as well. When you plant your foot on a walk, it's more to the center of the body so the hips move over it keeping your balance. Then the foot that is off the ground will need to swing out in a slight arc motion to land more in front of the other foot.

Saying that, it's a nice start just needs a little more polish.

6. keilyn3d

keilyn3d

@Gnimmel thanks for the explanation, I made a test and this was a big improvement, I don't know if now is too exaggerate, because I'm adding that in every movement because everything looks more smooth and natural when I rotate the parent bones before the child bones.

I will post a video soon with the corrections and with a little of the story.

7. newb_quest

newb_quest

Nice work man, I like the ambience and agree the small details like chickens and fish definitely bring things to life. I also liked those slime creatures, was that a refraction effect? Good stuff.