Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Ad shows blank screen

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ShinyOpal, Mar 17, 2023.

1. ShinyOpal

ShinyOpal

I am in the beta testing phase where I successfully tested Unity Ads on the iPhone 6S, iPhone 12, iPad 8th Gen.
    However on the iPhone 11 I get a completely black screen when the ad should appear. There is not even that dialog which allows the user to Accept Cookies. Could it be some setting on the iphone which prevents the ads from displaying ?

2. Unity_Andi

Unity_Andi

Unity Technologies

Hey there, there are no iPhone settings that could cause the issue you’re experiencing, but it’s possible that the problem is related to your device. I suggest checking on another device or resetting your device to see if the issue persists. If the issue continues, I recommend opening a support ticket by emailing
    unityads-support@unity3d.com. Our support team will investigate the issue further. It would also be helpful if you could provide any logs related to the issue as an attachment.

3. ShinyOpal

ShinyOpal

Hi Unity_Andi,

As I wrote above, on other devices works well.

When you say reset, did you mean factory reset ? Not allowed to do that, the phone does not belong to me.

Where exactly can the logs be found ? The game was tested as the iOS build via TestFlight.

4. Unity_Andi

Unity_Andi

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Firstly, I apologize for any confusion caused. When I mentioned 'another device,' I meant another iPhone 11 device.

Secondly, If resetting the device is impossible, I suggest opening a support ticket. Additionally, please include the following details in your ticket:
    • Device logs when the issue occurs
    • iOS version of your iPhone
    • Is the issue reproducible 100% of the time, or do you have metrics on how often it happens?
    Lastly, to retrieve logs from your iOS device using mac OS, please follow the links below:
    https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/console/cnsl1012/mac

Also, there is a multitude of ways you can collect iOS logs on a Windows device, however, I cannot personally recommend any of them as I do not have any prior experience with them.

5. ShinyOpal

ShinyOpal

Thanks for the info. I will do this as soon as the iPhone 11 becomes available again.

6. ShinyOpal

ShinyOpal

Now I have the same problem on Android.

When I ran the build directly from the Unity Editor it ran ok. Once I receive the build from the Play Store or AppStore the ads do not play. Maybe it will play once the game gets released for the first time by the stores. Guess the stores are blocking the ads for the moment.