Search Unity

Ad request and impressions

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Shayke, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Shayke

Shayke

Lately, i have seen new feature in the dashboard.
    Ad request and impressions
    Whats the different between those 2?

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

3. Megalithic

Megalithic

4. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

My impressions are 50% of ad requests (1:2). Does this mean half the players are quitting after the first ad is shown? Is my game that bad?

5. Livealot

Livealot

IIRC, one of the tutorials suggests initializing and requesting the first ad at startup, so that it's ready to show when needed. That's what I did in my game, so ad requests for me is akin to session starts. My ads implementation is much, much later in the game flow, and not even shown in many scenarios. So my ratio between requests and impressions is pretty meaningless. What is really important is the impressions part.

I'd prefer the default analytics to show ratios downstream of impressions (start, skip, complete, etc.). I don't really care about the upstream bit where the server requests and retrieves an ad, which I expect to always be 95%+

garethludlow likes this.
  6. unity_-6SoW9o0ps2-HA

unity_-6SoW9o0ps2-HA

7. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

Ad requests are registered when the SDK requests an ad from the server and caches it so that it can be played immediately when needed.

Ad impressions are registered when an ad is played.

We generally recommend you initialize the SDK as soon as possible within your game so it's perfectly normal to see a much higher number of requests vs impressions.

Marcos-Elias likes this.
  8. enhawk

enhawk

does it affect eCPM to request in a duration before the impression? For example if I request 5 minutes before the impressions, is that a worse eCPM to requesting and showing directly after the request?

Studio47Games likes this.