Search Unity

Ad relevancy?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by cephalo2, Apr 21, 2019.

1. cephalo2

cephalo2

Just started with Unity ads a few days ago, and it looks like revenue only comes from clicks, and I was wondering if there's anything I should do to improve click rates and ad relevancy? Is there a way to inform Unity what sort of game these is to get more interesting ads for my players?

2. unity_akeem

unity_akeem

Unity Technologies

Hi there. As a publisher, your revenue will come from impressions. This page on best practices has lots of information on generating ad revenue, and links to several case studies that you may find useful.

In regards to your second question, yes, it is possible to inform the system about your game's category. Follow the steps here https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/dashboard-guide#store-ids to link store ids for your game. Doing so will inform the system of which type of game yours is.

3. cephalo2

cephalo2

When you say the revenue comes from 'impressions', you mean indirectly right? As in, I just need to focus on getting a lot of impressions, so that I can cause people to install something from time to time. I don't have many impressions yet because I'm having a problem with my user acquisition campaigns, but so far 14 impressions has yielded zero revenue. Is that because I haven't reached the $0.01 threshold perhaps?

4. unity_akeem

unity_akeem

Unity Technologies

Revenue is generated based on a combination of views, clicks, and installs. It generally takes around 5000 impressions to see consistent, predictable revenue in the dashboard. It's important to note that revenue depends on region, campaign availability, and the advertising market price, which can fluctuate over time. The revenue threshold for payment is $100 USD.