Search Unity

Ad eCPM Randomly Spikes???

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by CreatorEv, Jul 17, 2018.

1. CreatorEv

CreatorEv

Hi all,

I have recently launched a flight simulator app (RC Flight Sim) on google play. The app uses rewarded video and interstitial unity ads which get between 60 - 130 impressions per day, some days the eCPM spikes as high as $20 (usually when above 95 impressions) but most days it is very low around $0.10.

Does anyone else experience this and can anyone explain why?

Thanks
    CreatorEv

RC Flight Sim link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EJBGames.RCFlightSim

2. CreatorEv

CreatorEv

Highest eCPM spike was actually $44 not $20 sorry.

3. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

eCPM is an estimate of what you would earn per thousand views. In reality you get paid about $3-$5 per conversion (someone installing an app from an ad). So because you only have a small number of impressions and you occasionally get a conversion you see spikes in the estimated revenue per milli (thousand) (eCPM).

During beta I had $3000 eCPM in one region because I served 1 ad and got 1 conversion.

4. CreatorEv

CreatorEv

Ok I understand the spikes now thankyou, but how can the daily revenue sometimes be around $0.01, does this mean the ad was only clicked or something?

5. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Yeah, depending on the ad network and advertiser. Some networks allow advertisers to specify when they pay, either per conversion or per impression etc...

6. CreatorEv

CreatorEv

Ah ok thankyou!