Search Unity

Ad doesn't work in certain scene.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by MdevM, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MdevM

MdevM

So i have a test ad control scene where i have the exact object and code as i do in my main scene.

In the test scene the add works fine, i called it when i press "E" but in my main scene it does not work, i can see "ad.Show();" is being called and Monetization is ready but the placeholder ad screen doesn't pop up like in my test scene, the game just keeps running as normal.

Also it is definitely initialised as I can see the comment for initialisation which happens at start.

Anyone know what the problem could be??

Please help, thanks!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. DenisasK

DenisasK

Unity Technologies

Hello @MaxRim
    Please, can you submit a bug report via bug reporter?

3. MdevM

MdevM

A bug report seems a bit extensive, the project is quite large and i dont want to play around with it incase something goes wrong etc.

Is there anything that would cause the ad not to work while the game is running? like rendering etc? The ads even work in my menu scene.

Also i have now narrowed down the issue.

The ad's do not work while i have an FMOD studio event emitter playing an event on object start or on object enable.

This is defintely what's causing the ad's to not work so if anyone uses FMOD and has run into something similar please help.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  4. MdevM

MdevM

I fixed the issue by instantiating an object with the FMOD studio event emitter attached instead of having it in the scene before runtime, so if anyone has the same issue this is the answer.

The problem also only occured when "Object Start" or "Object Enable" was the studio event emitters parameter to start playing the music.