Search Unity

Ad companies that promise to boost your app to the top 10 charts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gooseman_1977, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Gooseman_1977

Gooseman_1977

I just recently released my game on the Google Play store and immediately, I've been bombarded by companies which promise to boost my app up the charts. They're asking for a very high price ranging from $5,000 --> $50,000 depending on the region.

Has anyone here have any experience using these services? I know some of them are legit but I'm curious to hear how effective they are? How long do you stay in the top 10?
    With so many companies offering this service, it wouldn't surprise me if your top 10 status didn't last more than a day...

Here's one such company that approached me so far.
    http://www.tapaso.com/

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

No, next to none of them are legit. They almost all all use incredibly shady practices to get you up there. I'm talking things like farming out votes for cash at best and hijacked accounts at worst.

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

Haven't used those, but "if something looks too good to be true, it probably is".

Which means... when someone approaches you and offers a thing that would solve all your troubles just for a mere XYZ dollars, it is probably a scam.

theANMATOR2b, Ryiah and JasonBricco like this.
  4. landon912

landon912

So...soo.... someone can't fix my credit score for $250 bucks if I call their number from a roadside sign? :(

Ryiah likes this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Companies that are legit won't spam you.

6. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

When you visit that site (tapaso) - you might notice one of the headlines:

"See how you can incresse your revenue with aso"

I'd say a truly legitimate company would go the extra mile, and spell check their web page :D

theANMATOR2b and Ryiah like this.
  7. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Like you said... they might actually get your game in the top 10.

But the problem with services like this is even if they truly are legit and can get your game in say the top 100 by competing on your behalf against all of the other promotional services offering the same (as well as the do-it-yourselfers)... how long would your game be there?

Not long I suspect. When the service is available to any game dev and when there are so many game devs desperate to get the top positions as there are today... it seems to me like the only people guaranteed to see lasting results are the folks offering the service. The people paying for the service would literally be continually bumping each others' games out. Obviously, a Top 10 position means there can only be 10 games there. How many games came out today alone?

theANMATOR2b, dogzerx2 and Ryiah like this.
  8. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Which Top 10? Do they specify? For how long?

I would say it is possible to get any app into the "Top 10" if those details are not specified, without much effort. Not entirely sure (but probably the same) about Google play, but on the App Store it is. Artificially placing/injecting on either store though is pointless. Not all marketing is equivalent, and not all audiences are equal. My guess is that lot of parasitic players late to the party, they are preying on developer ignorance (related to marketing).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    theANMATOR2b and Ryiah like this.
  9. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Or maybe that was intentional. ;) Maybe "incresse" was a term they coined meaning ""to have no impact at all".

10. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Counter offer.
    For every $100 you make however (direct purchase, iap, ads) they get $5 for there services.
    If they are legit they might write you back.
    If not they wont.

GarBenjamin and zombiegorilla like this.
  11. Gooseman_1977

Gooseman_1977

Appreciate the replies guys/gals. I'm gonna have to do some more research in this area before plunking any cash on them.

darkhog likes this.