Search Unity

Activation bug

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Coredumping, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Coredumping

Coredumping

After entering my activation key, the hub notified me that I had reached my activation limit, despite me using the key on the same computer as the Hub (+ a separate laptop). I tried deactivating the activation on the local machine and successfully activated it in the hub instead. However, after opening projects in the hub Unity would freeze in the splash screen (not crash, but just not progress any further). I tried re-installing Unity from within the hub, but the issue persisted. I tried opening Unity directly, but it wanted me to activate and I received the error that I had used all my activations once again.

Some details: I have a perpetual 5.x license on my account, but this issue happened for a pro subscription I have for my organization, which I have seated to my current account as well. There was no way to stop the hub from using my activation, so I had to reset it through id.unity.com > my seats, which took a while to find, since you can't do this from the organization management panels and the link to deactivate that Unity uses is only for account level keys.

2. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I'm asking at the moment to the license team how to solve this problem.
    I will get back to you very soon.

3. Coredumping

Coredumping

Thanks! If it helps I had 2017.2.0f3 installed and installed Unity 2017.2.1f1 through the hub.

Edit: Also Unity 5.5.5p2 launched fine through the hub while this was happening.

4. timsoret

timsoret

Same. Activation issue.
    I revoked autorisations, the key is now valid, but for some reason nothing happens when I click next. The blue loading bar goes to completion but nothing happens.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Coredumping, can you send your Editor.log to me directly?

Thanks

Justin Zheng

6. Coredumping

Coredumping

It worked after activating the hub a second time, it said "machine identification is invalid for current license". So deactivating my license in Unity, activating it in the hub, deactivating it through id.unity.com, activating it in Unity and then finally activating it in the hub again seems to have worked.

Sorry, didn't see your message on the forum, the log's already been overwritten.

d1favero likes this.