Search Unity

Activating Input Field Without Highlight

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by ToshoDaimos, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ToshoDaimos

ToshoDaimos

Is there a way to activate an Input Field without highlighting its text? I want to keep caret position and resume editing after deactivating without highlighting anything.

Is there a way to keep an Input Field active when there are clicks anywhere? Currently when I click outside of the Input Field there is apparently OnEditEnd event fired. I would like to have this disabled.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. Brathnann

Brathnann

3. eses

eses

...just wondering what is the point of spamming multiple copies of same question. I didn't notice this later one and already tried to answer on other similar thread by same poster.

There is a old thread about the same issue:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/inputfield-highlighting-movetextend.315091/#post-2105250

Not sure if it completely fixes the issue, but I tried it and it's possible to get away of selection issue. Drag window then continue writing into input field without clicking it first, and text won't get selected either on clicks outside of inputfield, but there is a frame rendered where selection shows... at least if just using trick of doing selection on next frame.