Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Actions are not assigned to implicit User when using Player Input Manager for local multi joining

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Gefylen, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Gefylen

Gefylen

I'm new to this. Just a heads up in case this is a non-issue.

I've followed along with the dead simple example given in the video Introducing the new Input System - Unite Copenhagen, and can't get the Player Input Manager to work properly. It looks to me like the problem is that keyboard/mouse actions are not automatically assigned to an "implicit User" as Rene Damm called it in the video. Here's what it looks like after I've pressed a few buttons on both keyboard/mouse and an xbox controller:

upload_2020-1-27_13-53-32.png

Every time I press a keyboard button, a new Action appears, but it's not assigned a User. Only when I press A on my xbox controller, a User appears. Also, as you can see, a Player GameObject joins the scene on every key press.

If I don't use the Player Input Manager and instead have two copies of the Player prefab in the scene, they get assigned a User each, and I can trigger Move with my xbox controller and keyboard/mouse seperately, just as expected.

I haven't done anything with the Player Input Manager other than just drag the prefab into it. Anyone have any advice for how to get it to work?

upload_2020-1-27_13-58-45.png

Eldoir and Static4242 like this.
  2. Static4242

Static4242

I have the same issue, I'm not sure what it could be. Keeping an eye on this thread though. If I find something I'll lyk.

3. Static4242

Static4242

Set the default control scheme to your keyboard and mouse. It worked for me, it seems that when you set the default to "Any" it can't recognize the keyboard by itself. :) Hope this helps.

Gefylen likes this.
  4. Gefylen

Gefylen

You know what, that it did! Thanks a whole bunch!

Static4242 likes this.
  5. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

This is with 1.0.0-preview.4, right? I bonkered this and introduced a regression with control schemes that require multiple devices. It's fixed for 1.0.0-preview.5 which is slated for release this week. Sorry about the bump.

Static4242, Eldoir and Gefylen like this.
  6. Gefylen

Gefylen

Yes, that's the version. Thanks for fixing it!

Static4242 likes this.