Search Unity

Action-RPG Starter Kit New Update Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Griever3610, Aug 21, 2013.

1. TonyLi

TonyLi

In each gameplay level, there's a Player Spawnpoint GameObject. It has a SpawnPlayer script that points to a prefab to spawn.

To do character selection, disable this script. Add another script to the GameObject that does the following in Start:
    1. Finds the SpawnPlayer script.
    2. Sets SpawnPlayer.player to the selected character prefab.
    3. Sets SpawnPlayer.enabled=true.
    Then you need a character selection screen that saves a reference to the selected character prefab so the script above knows which one to use.

arrested_games likes this.
  2. arrested_games

arrested_games

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  3. AliquidHacker

AliquidHacker

@Griever3610
    After I created my own weapon this error keeps on coming up when I change weapons in game...,
    The weapon changes correctly and I dont see any abnormalities but I am just getting this error...
    Thank you.

ferenceException: GetRef
    Inventory.AssignWeaponAnimation (Int32 id) (at Assets/ActionRPGKit/Script/Inventory.js:698)
    Inventory.EquipItem (Int32 id, Int32 slot) (at Assets/ActionRPGKit/Script/Inventory.js:127)
    Inventory.ItemWindow (Int32 windowID) (at Assets/ActionRPGKit/Script/Inventory.js:525)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Hope you can help and that my little bug helps you make a better Kit.

4. AliquidHacker

AliquidHacker

Nvm I think I kno what caused the problem I forgot to edit the animations for the weapon use.

Edit: Probably should think a little longer before posting :)

5. AliquidHacker

AliquidHacker

If we don't require swimming can we just remove the swimming addon or will that cause errors?
    Thank you.
    Aliquidhacker

6. magique

magique

I've had this asset for a little while, but haven't done a whole lot of work with it yet. However, one thing that you could do to improve this asset a lot is to create a better camera system. I have my own code that I'll be integrating to handle clipping issues, but it would be nice if it were a part of the prefab camera provided with the asset. For example, you can move the camera now in and out and around the character and the camera passes right through walls and ceilings and so forth. The camera should zoom in closer to the character to avoid this.

7. arrested_games

arrested_games

@magique - this is exactly what I am trying to fix now; I was looking at adding another asset for a camera (I really like the SimpleRPG Camera) and started hacking in to ARPGCamera .. its just too embedded to do a simple swap out :(

8. AliquidHacker

AliquidHacker

@TonyLi
    @arrested_games
    @magique
    @Griever3610
    Something weired is happening. Whenever I cast a spell the (fire ball - triple fireball - Groundhit) the prefab spawn really far away from the player. (Yes my player is tagged player) any ideas?

9. TonyLi

TonyLi

Take a look at your player prefab's Attack script. There's a field named Attack Point. Make sure it's assigned to a child GameObject. The child should be positioned near the player's head. Examine the Heroine prefab to see where it should be.

10. Grave174

Grave174

is anyone else having trouble using the mecanim to work on other models? for some reason my model body moves down a bit and in fetal position. He is set to humanoid and when I try other animator controllers it works fine, just not with the heroincontroller. if anyone else has run into this problem i would appreciate the help

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  11. AliquidHacker

AliquidHacker

works great thx. When I made the new prefab I copy pasted the attack trigger component but forgot to edit the camera zoom point and attack point. Thx again.

12. AliquidHacker

AliquidHacker

I have had the same issue with the Necromancer Model. The problem is caused because the animation of the player moves on its own. There is nothing they can do about it. You would need to ask the owner of the model to make the animation static. (By static I mean that the animation shouldn't move. The legs can move but some animations move forward in general). I hope this isnt to confusing if it is reply quoting the post and ill try and order it a little more.
    Hope this help
    AliquidHacer

13. The_Daleatron

The_Daleatron

How user friendly is this in regards of customization, like swapping out models and using your own animations etc im not a big coder but had an idea for an rpg in my mind i was thinking about playing about with it and came across this kit on the store. Also does anyone have a demo of how they used it i like to see what people have done with some thing gives an idea of what i can get out of it before i buy thanks !

14. magique

magique

This is a nice kit for getting started, but it's not as modular as I would like. As others have said before, it's more like a game example that you can hack away at to change to your own game, but not in a modular way. Lots of things are hard-wired into the classes. It took me a while to get a new character into the kit and hooking up all the animations was a pain. I still plan to use this, or some of it, but it's going to take a fair amount of work to really make it more modular and easier to use.

My suggestion to the Asset author is to first off dump the Javascript version and stick to C# and then to really be intentional and revamp the code to make it modular and plug-n-play. The documentation could be stronger as well. Some things just aren't explained very well.

All that said, I like the kit and once I've invested time to modularize it and mold it to what I need, it will definitely save me time in the long run.

arrested_games and The_Daleatron like this.
  15. The_Daleatron

The_Daleatron

hmm well thanks for the reply, il think il pass for now then. il have a look around for some thing more suitable to my animator guy abilities.

16. magique

magique

I hope I didn't drive you away. As I said, this is still a very nice kit. I haven't yet used version 3.0 either so there may be other improvements that I don't know about. I think even with the required alterations under the hood, this kit will still save you months on development.

17. arnesso

arnesso

Could this work with UFPS ?

18. Devision4

Devision4

please please update to uGUI!

arrested_games likes this.
  19. johny256

johny256

Add Bar console or spel

20. arnesso

arnesso

is it usable for a MMO game, or is there anywhere a short description how to make this multiplayer/online game ?

21. Telknor

Telknor

I currently have version 4 of this kit. One of the things I have tried to add in but have failed on is Health and Mana regen over time. If I could get this to work I could also add in both heal over time spells and damage over time spells. Anyone else with this kit try to add regen over time? I tried to modify the JS stuff for Stamina and how it regens but kept getting errors in console. I know what I'm trying to do has something to do with a += Time.deltaTime; style command, but I just can't wrap my finger around where I'm messing this up at.

22. goldencruz

goldencruz

so with 5.0 we can use the new gui system and what animation can I use maximo animation or any other animation here on unity or is still just legacy

23. aspire9

aspire9

are there any tutorials available on how to add a custom character controller? The included one looks a bit outdated.

24. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Have a look at their youtube thread.

aspire9 likes this.
  25. aspire9

aspire9

thanks, but actually i was looking for a tutorial on changing the character controller (not only the model) or how to modify the mecanim component.
    I contacted the developer of this asset and got an answer very fast. they will release a new tutorial video soon.

26. Timur2015

Timur2015

Hi. How do I change the idle, run to mecanim animation?

unityunity