Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Official [Action Required before May 31, 2022] Preserving archived Collaborate projects after the upgrade

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by marie-unity, Feb 17, 2022.

1. marie-unity

marie-unity

Administrator

Hi everyone,

Upgrades from Collaborate to Unity Plastic SCM are ongoing and will continue through the month of April. You will get an email 2 business days before we upgrade your organization to Plastic SCM.

As Unity Collaborate projects continue to be upgraded from Collaborate to Unity Plastic SCM, we’ve extended the timeline to extract data from archived projects. Below please find the most up to date information on actions you may need to take, and what to look out for.

[Action Required] Preserving archived projects

Your window has been extended to extract your data from Collaborate projects from the Unity Dashboard. You have until May 31st, 2022 to extract your data before it is permanently deleted.

Your unarchived Collaborate projects are being automatically upgraded to Plastic SCM. We are not migrating archived projects to Plastic SCM.

If you want to keep a copy of your archived projects and their history, make sure to go to the Unity Dashboard, select the project you want to export and access DevOps > Collaborate > Storage to start the export.

upload_2022-2-17_15-33-40.png

You have until May 31st, 2022 to extract your data before it is permanently deleted.

Questions? Contact Support. For the latest resources to get started, see this post.

Thanks,

The Unity Plastic SCM team

mariandev likes this.
  2. Elisabeth123

Elisabeth123

all projects are stuck at 0% for hours now. Is this normal?

3. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This should've been fixed I think couple of days after you left the comment. Have you been able to export your projects?

4. kirrwed

kirrwed

My unity project seems to have reverted to an old draft and I could not figure out why. It had prompted me to upgrade to the Plastic SCM, so I thought I had a version issue and proceeded with that. The Collaborate tab still shows my old version in history and even has the "restore" button. When I try to click that, I get a "Cannot download entry" error with red X.

When I go to DevOps - Collaborate - Storage, I get a window reading: "
    Collaborate has been upgraded to Unity Plastic SCM!
    To create new projects, please migrate to Unity Plastic SCM!

Yet in Unity, if I click the Window dropdown, Plastic SCM is grayed out. So it seems there is no Collab and no Plastic SCM working either.

Does this all mean all of my collab history is gone now?

5. kirrwed

kirrwed

bump

6. kurtiswoww

kurtiswoww

Hi, I was thought we had until February of 2023 to make these changes.

How can I access my projects and download them?

7. Danny327

Danny327

Unity Technologies

Provided your projects were using the Unity versions supported for automatic migration, the projects should be available for download via the Plastic SCM GUI client. Please check out our blog post for more information.

8. Sievlar

Sievlar

Where are my active projects? I have not used Unity for the last year due to personal reasons. My understanding is all active projects would be automatically transferred. I see the projects listed under Plastic SCM in the cloud, yet the assets folders are empty?

9. Sievlar

Sievlar

Hmm, upon further investigation it seems only one project (my main one), did not migrate correctly. The others seem to be correct, based purely on visual inspection via dashboard. I had a local copy of my main project, which I have now started to submit to the cloud. I need to do it in stages as it gave me an error when I tried to do the whole thing. However I have no revision history now.

Questions:
    - Did you not verify all projects were successfully migrated before deprecating the collab service?
    - Why did you not send any emails before or after the migration so that I could check and verify everything went ok? I only ever received a single email about Plastic SCM, which was dated 10/26/2021, long before the migration. It made no mention of deadlines.
    - Is there any way to fix the project that has missing data?