Search Unity

Question Action-based XR Interaction Toolkit with Vive Wave SDK not working

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by aseton-twinsite, Aug 25, 2021.

1. aseton-twinsite

aseton-twinsite

I can't get Focus 3 to work with the Action-based components of the XR Interaction Toolkit. Device-based works as documented though.

I am using latest Wave SDK 4.1.1, latest XR Interaction Toolkit 1.0.0-pre.5 on 2020.3 LTS, Universal Rendering Pipeline and New Input System.

Exactly the same setup works for Oculus Quest 1 & 2 as well as Pico Interactive Neo 2.

I have seen comments here and there about using Device-based to get it to work, but no reasons why Action-based would not work.

I know it's preview software, but would be nice to I there is a misconfiguratioon on my side, or if my expecations are off.

Would be greatful for any insightful pointers,
    Cheers

2. RomainSepulchre

RomainSepulchre

Hi i'm having the same issue and i'm currently investigating what could be the issue. I will let you know if I find anything.

aseton-twinsite likes this.
  3. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Vive support is directly handled by HTC. Please share this on their developer forums and their teams will help.

aseton-twinsite likes this.
  4. aseton-twinsite

aseton-twinsite

Thx! Likewise.

5. RomainSepulchre

RomainSepulchre

6. RancherosDigital

RancherosDigital

I am bumping this. I can get the position of headset and controllers to work, but not the ROTATION.

centerEyeRotation does nothing.

7. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

8. RancherosDigital

RancherosDigital

Thanks.

I am using Unity 2021.2.19f1 and I don't have this "Fallback Vector" or "Fallback Quaternion" with "First", "Second" and "Third" option. How do I set this?

2022-09-20 11_14_17_trackedposedriver.png

And the above doesn't work.

9. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @RancherosDigital ,
    The Fallback Composite bindings are only available if you have imported the XR Interaction Toolkit package. Importing that should give you those options in the Input Action editors.

10. RancherosDigital

RancherosDigital

Ah ok, thanks. I'm not using the Interaction Toolkit, but I am using the Action based approach for my own toolkit.
    I now managed to get it to work by using the other TrackedPoseDriver for HMD and Controllers.
    The action based input (trigger, primary, secondary, grip) works.