Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Achieving a "half-mask" on a ring shaped Image object so other Images can jump through it

Discussion in '2D' started by jeremydulong, Jun 17, 2018.

1. jeremydulong

jeremydulong

As the title describes, I'm trying to somehow allow object to "fall through" an Image object using a ring shaped sprite. Right now it looks like they just fall over the object, so I need to mask half of the ring to achieve the effect I'm looking for. Can this be done with a Sprite Mask somehow? I have never used the object and I'm unsure how they work. I came up with a solution of splitting the Image in 2 to apply different sort layers to both, but eventually I want to animate the ring and it would be easier if it was 1 object.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I think splitting the sprite into 2 sprites is best. You can still animate it by grouping them together under an empty GameObject (and animating that).

unityunity