Search Unity

Question Accurate placement of objects in AR? Best practices?

Discussion in 'AR' started by levoxtrip, Jul 1, 2022.

1. levoxtrip

levoxtrip

Hello everyone, i'm currently working on an art project where I want to place certain Objects in a building. For that I want these Objects as accurate as possible placed! Because of that I wanted to know if you could give me some advice of best practise.

For now, I started plane detection in the beginning and then gave every object an AR Anchor.
    Any better ways to keep the positions quite good?

Thanks a lot in advance, Cheers Leon

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

While plane detection is enabled, the transforms of discovered planes will continue to update as your device continually develops understanding of your space. Parenting content to an Anchor is a great way to get more stable positioning over time.

Best Practices
    For best practices on your target device(s), see the documentation for the respective provider.

ARKit: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/technologies/augmented-reality/
    ARCore: https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/performance

3. Charbel_Globalistic

Charbel_Globalistic

Hello,

We are a global company dedicated to providing construction engineers with innovative solutions. In line with this goal, we have decided to develop an application that accurately displays pipes, wires, lamps, and other similar components in their real-world spatial coordinates. However, we have encountered an issue with using ARCore or ARKit, as these technologies are not precise enough to accurately display these items. The margin of error can range from a 5 meters to as much as 20 meters , and can be even greater in challenging conditions. This can pose a significant problem in the construction industry, where precise positioning is essential. As such, we are seeking a solution that can deliver the level of accuracy required to meet the demands of this field.