Search Unity

Other account forceably converted to foreign country after asset purchases

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by dragonalumni, Nov 4, 2022.

1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni

There really is not much more to this story. I've bought some bundles before and redeemed them on the asset store without any trouble but recently I made some direct Unity asset purchases using foreign currency.

Now-- I get emails from Unity in said foreign language and my HUB is trying to connect to the localized IP for login.

I'm an American citizen living abroad. I do not want my account localized, I do not want emails in the local language. I don't want to be associated with the local market at all.

Although my address was briefly listed as a foreign one as required at time of purchase it is now set to my American permanent address, that should not assume my native language or nationality however!

I've been up and down account settings and looked at local appdata trying to figure out if I can fix it.

The problem if it's not clear is that trying to log in my account on the HUB is that it's trying to connect to a local version of the Unity network and asking me to log to that, the webpages/support/forum is all in the local language.

Please help me solve this problem.

2. Jshh

Jshh

Sounds like you've installed the local version of the hub. Have you tried uninstalling it, then connecting to the internet via a non-local IP before re-downloading and reinstalling it? Thereafter, don't open the hub from a local IP, it will try to get you to reinstall the local version (which you should be able to dismiss).

Sorry I can't be of more help. It'd be great if someone from Unity could shed some light on the matter!

3. dragonalumni

dragonalumni

Couldn't agree more, especially about the points you illustrated in the other thread.

Jshh likes this.