Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

According to the end position to control the robot movement

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by bestgodok, Jul 29, 2021.

1. bestgodok

bestgodok

I want the robot to move automatically based on the target position, not by ROS,because I want to do it in a closed system,is there any good solution???

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Can you define, what you mean by closed system in your case?
    What type of robot you want to move?

Also on side note, please use default font size.

3. bestgodok

bestgodok

I'm sorry, I didn't notice the font problem.
    My research direction is robot grasping. Therefore, I wanted to create a simulation environment with Unity. In this simulation environment, datasets can be generated and UR5 robot can be controlled to grasp by training the model. Closed system means that I can port the project to other Windows devices without relying on ROS, although ROS can solve the problem I'm currently experiencing.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

If you creating just a simulation, not actual controlling the robot, sure you can just use Unity.

First of all, you need a model of the manipulator. Is it ABB, Kuka, Fanuc, other, or custom?

I know you can grab some manipulators models from vendor website. They tend to be cad models. So you may need convert to fbx, or obj, before importing to Unity.

Next thing you need IK solution. You got few options, but Bio IK has really good solver for such applications

Then rest of logic is matter of being programmed by you, to control End Effector.

For all that you don't need ROS, but of course, you won't be able control real robot directly from Unity.

alimardanov likes this.