Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Accidentally lost material linking

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Lelon, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Lelon

Lelon

Hi all,

So I decided to rearrange my materials into a new folder, and instead of doing that from the editor, i did it from windows folder, and BAM, all my objects on the scene got the magic PINK color.
    They lost their materials.

After seeing this disaster, I replaced the materials into their original location, but unfortunately the pinky objects are still there.

I have a lot of objects that lost their materials, I mean ALOOT, that thinking about it makes me depressed.

Anything can I do to solve this madness? I don't have a backup.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Did you try refresh, or even reimport materials?

3. Lelon

Lelon

How to do so?

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

After restart Unity should be done automatically. But you can right click on folder in assets, in Unity.
    There you should see options to re-import etc..

5. Lelon

Lelon

I restarted unity, but still all objects on scene did not load their materials back, materials components just disappeared from all the game objects.

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

I would thought the objects use ID, to reference materials. But I may be wrong.
    Well unfortunately I have no other idea. Sorry.
    Nex time, for sure only moving inside unity.

7. Lelon

Lelon

Yep, thanks for the help, I managed to manually redo the materials, would be nice to have the gameobjects record an ID for materials, in case they went missing.

unityunity