Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Accessing animation in a prefab (edit or no edit) will cause unity to crash when closing

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by Clell_Tickle, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Clell_Tickle

Clell_Tickle

Just started happening to me today, although almost all my unity crashes are animation/animator related. I made a change to an animation in a UI prefab, saved, then closed the prefab, and it crashed. Since then, any time I touch any sort of animation in this prefab, even if I don't change anything, unity will crash the second I close the prefab.

thankfully i can save beforehand, but its very frustrating having to wait 1-2 minutes because i have to relaunch unity between changes.

I've attached a log below.

I tried reporting this using the crash report, but in 2021.3.5f1, the bug reporter doesn't work! very neat

Attached Files: