Search Unity

Feedback Access to unity meditation via cloud code

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by DavidZobrist, Feb 3, 2022.

1. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

Hi,

I think it would be great if we could get some specific id of the last played video or a timestamp of the last played video in cloud code via some kind of mediations SDK for cloud code, as other services have like cloud save and economy.

Reason:
    Through some cheat tools (cheat engine) players actually can repeat function calls within the final version of the game, like cheat tool. So we prefer to validate evertything first through cloud code, in the mediation example
    we would give the reward via the function after cheat checking.
    In order to cheat check we need informations about the last downloaded video that is NOT coming form the client but directly from the mediation sdk in the cloud. So we could check if the video id from the mediation cloud api matches the one sent from the client. In order to prevent calling our GetVideoReward function and everytime getting the reward.

2. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @DavidZobrist ,
    Thank you for your suggestion, we will definitely keep it in mind and evaluate it for our future features.
    Also worth noting, we have had other requests from the community regarding validation of rewards, and have some features coming soon regarding this.

Please keep the feature requests coming! :)

DavidZobrist likes this.
  3. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

And since it is now officially announced, we now offer server to server redeem callback functionality, so once a rewarded ad is over, you may decide to send a request from Unity's server to yours, to validate the reward, to avoid possible fraud.

This is obviously not what you requested, but I figured you might be interested in knowing we now offer this option in 0.4.0-preview.1 :)

DavidZobrist likes this.
  4. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

5. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

Let me simplify.

The mediation backend now tells us anywhere we want that a video has been completed instead of the client.

So my big question is can the "callback URL" be a Cloud function (beta)? (stateless)
    Or will the cloud function not accept beeing called outside of the context of the unity project?

6. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

After reading throught he cloud code documention i come to his conclusion.

Its no good solution sorry.

Reason:
    It wants to communicate with your third party server.
    It promotes NOT using the new unity backend services(beta).

Technical reason:
    Cloud code will not accept the to be called from the mediation server directly (callback URL).
    Cloud code requires authenticated users with valid session token, requests throught the client SDK.

Further conclusion:
    Aslong mediation doesnt work with the server authorative layer cloud code(beta) it is not really a unified solution yet.
    To be exact this solution promotes not using cloud code (beta) but your own server solution, this also means no economy (beta) and no cloud save(beta).

I wrote a thread to the cloud code forum section lets wait for the answer.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/mediation-and-cloud-code.1237114/

7. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

(it is a good solution if you don't plan on using the new backend services)

8. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Thanks a lot for your feedback David!
    I will bring this up with the team and see if we could leverage cloud code in this instance.

DavidZobrist likes this.