Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Access to Manual / Script Reference blocking my IP *wrongfully*

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by 40detectives, Mar 29, 2019.

1. 40detectives

40detectives

Without VPN, I've been unable to view online the Unity Script Reference / Manual / Unity Answers (and maybe some other parts of the web too) for 4-5 months because every time I try to access it, it blocks me and shows this message:

If I click more the button (see the attached image) "More Information", I'm redirected to https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx which has a list of countries with Active Sanction Programs for the US.

The problem is that I'm connecting from none of those countries.

At the beginning of this I checked services online to geo-localise my IP, and some do it well and some place me wrongly in Iran (which is on the US list). It seems my ISP bought IP ranges that were previously Iranian, but nowadays every service I check is geo-locating me correctly, but Unity page is banning me though.

I'd like to contact with Unity to make them aware of this, so they can update their IP info or get in touch with the service they use and correct it.

Attached Files:

2. Hector1503

Hector1503

Hi, I have the same issue, any advice?

3. 40detectives

40detectives

I spent weeks emailing back and forth with Unity folks to end up saying it was my ISP's fault.

I'm don't think the ISP can do anything to be honest, in my case it was a question of Unity using databases out of date.

So when I got that error I've ended just breathing 3 times and connecting the VPN. Sorry :(

4. pagaresav

pagaresav

Thank for the great information!! this information helpful for me!!!

5. pagaresav

pagaresav

Hi!!!
    I am anew user of this forum. above information i read it.. its helpful for me.
    Thank you!!!

6. Hector1503

Hector1503

Yeah I also thought that was the issue.
    Now I can access to the page, maybe they have updated the databases.