Search Unity

Access to courseware for existing Unity Pro users

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by ibyte, Jul 1, 2016.

1. ibyte

ibyte

Good to see the coursework is finally available. Will existing Pro licenses be able access it while we are waiting for our upgrade offers to arrive?

eMoneyAdvisor, Onsterion and daihenka like this.
  2. Onsterion

Onsterion

It would be great, i have Unity Pro and Android Pro.

3. Trevelyan

Trevelyan

This all the way!! I already have a Unity Pro license; do we also get access to the courseware too?

4. dberroa

dberroa

I am still waiting for the upgrade offer and would love to get the courseware now. I want to take the test and I have already paid $1,500. I don't think its right if I'm just forgotten.

5. Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Should we wait for September for info on this, or will someone be able to make any mentions about it here? :)

6. eMoneyAdvisor

eMoneyAdvisor

I would like to know the same.

7. uexilon

uexilon

Count me in on this question. Would be nice to see this being offered to existing Unity Pro Owners (maybe just 3 Months like the Pro subscription, but at a custom start date? Should easily be enough for existing Pro users to work through everything so they can get themselves certified).

8. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

If you are user with a perpetual licence then you must pay for the course. I agree is expensive for a Pro user. 3 month is useless since at the moment is only 40hs course that is possible to be look in one week. And if you are Pro probably you need the course only if you want to feel comfortable at the exam table.

the web page It is a bit buggy but I enjoy the course.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  9. Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Pretty definitive answer that somebody hasn't gotten around to posting yet!

From the courseware FAQ:

The free, 3-month Courseware access pass benefit is exclusively available to Unity customers who subscribe to the new Unity Pro subscription-based license model. Unity Pro perpetual license holders are not eligible for this offer. For more information on migrating from a Unity perpetual license to the new Unity subscription plans, click here/

10. ibyte

ibyte

Perpetual Licensee's who are converting to subscription don't to have start paying for the subscription till next April but I would expect you will have access to Courseware as soon as you sign up.