Search Unity

Accelerator C# API?

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by sprice_nct, Sep 7, 2020.

1. sprice_nct

sprice_nct

Hey fellow Unity lovers

I was curious if there is any API for UnityEngine that allows devs to interact with the Accelerator for example being able to retrieve Namespace and Key for assets in Editor or function that allow people to write a script for pushing assets to an accelerator or remove them?

Thanks

2. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hello @sprice_nct ,
    Thanks for the request! We don't currently have any API for UnityEngine to interact with the Accelerator but this is definitely on our roadmap. Please follow our release thread and I will update this thread when it's available.

3. sprice_nct

sprice_nct

Thanks hiepu3d

If I can ask one more thing without seeming rude. I use the accelerator tools/CLI for remote command exec on other accel's I use, some commands do not support IP & port passing like the dashboard commands, will these be updated to pass in the IP & port generally or is this on a case by case basis?

4. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

I think this depends on the usage of the commands. Most commands are mainly used for interacting with the persist directory(or storage location) of the Accelerator rather than a running Accelerator. Could you tell me what commands you would like to pass IP & Port to?

5. sprice_nct

sprice_nct

hey hiepu3d

Thanks for replying, apologies as I have been away for a week so couldn't get back to this. To provide some context to this request I work on a project that uses multiple accelerators in different global positions so there are needs for remote execution of commands hence the request. Specifically I wonder if it could be passed to the following:

Config {Set & Get}
    Dashboard {List, Password & Remove}

6. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @sprice_nct , we currently don't have any plan to add those features into the CLI tool right now. Despite that, something that you can try to do is having a SSH connection to the Accelerator machine and then run the corresponding commands there.