Search Unity

Official Accelerate multiplayer game development with UGS Multiplayer Solutions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BenjiM_Unity, Sep 20, 2022.

1. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

2022_Multiplayer_Campaign_Launch_Blog-Banner_1230x410.jpg We’re excited to announce that our Multiplayer Solutions for Unity Game Server Hosting (Multiplay), Matchmaker, and Netcode for GameObjects are now launched to help you accelerate your multiplayer game development! There's also a new battle royale sample available, made in partnership with Photon, which is ready to scale with UGS Game Server Hosting.

Check out our blog to learn about new samples, get a hands-on look at our multiplayer solutions in action, and learn how you can get started with $800 credit for your next project.

Curious to learn more about what players around the world want from their multiplayer games? Check out our 2022 Multiplayer Report for key insights into the features and functionality players are looking for.

Without giving away any trade secrets of course, what kind of multiplayer game are you working to develop? Is it an iteration on an existing multiplayer idea or perhaps something a bit more trailblazing?

CodeSmile, DragonCoder, JesOb and 2 others like this.
  2. Shizola

Shizola

I've seen people are confused about why you'd mix UGS and Photon.
    If I'm paying for Photon Fusion, why would I pay more again to use Unity matchmaker and server hosting? I thought Fusion already has everything you need? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Kamyker

Kamyker

You are wrong, most of Photon services are P2P (player hosted).

4. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

In case anyone else wondering where in the blog post we'll learn about this $800 credit ... we don't. The blog post doesn't mention the credit anymore besides promising that it will. o_O

You get the credits when you sign up to Multiplay, as mentioned here near the bottom: https://unity.com/solutions/gaming-services/pricing

GDevTeam, petey and Shizola like this.