Search Unity

Absolute beginner, need advice

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Cumulocyan, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Cumulocyan

Cumulocyan

Hello! I am an illustrator who's in my 3rd year of visual design major. For my final project, I was tasked to make a webtoon about a person with OCD. To promote my webtoon even more, I'm told to make an Instagram account for my character, filled with posts of their daily activities (photos and videos) that give the illusion that my character is actually 'real'.

Now I have never delved too deep into any 3d nor game making softwares before. For the video posts, I was thinking of making an environment in which I can animate my character doing stuff.
    I have made a model using VRoid which can be exported into Unity. Now the problem is, I don't know how to properly animate my character using Unity. Evironment wise, I think I could try creating one in Sketchup and then exporting it into Unity. What should I try to learn first? There are so many videos on Youtube and I want to save as much as time as I can. Mecanim, maybe? As some people have said that it makes animating a lot easier...or should I just animate using Blender...

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

@Cumulocyan
    You can use either mecanim or blender to do that. But both take some time to learn, in order to understand how to animate properly.