Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Absolute amazing tutorials

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Mikevincent, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mikevincent

Mikevincent

I found a indian tech channel at youtube were a guy has over 140 videos about Unity and C#. Its playlist is at this URL http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdE8ESr9Th_ug6bp-FYKzYQZ9yrpQIN1o

Now, as a complete newbie to C# and Unity I have to say this is the best tutorial I have ever seen in my life. My only question is if someone who knows C# good, would it be enough for me to learn everything in his Unity videos to make a good 2d/3d game? Does he actualy cover everything needed? Because he is such a good teacher I no longer can see it as impossible for me to learn it.

2. Brathnann

Brathnann

If the videos are working for you, great! All for it. But, it's my belief you should never limit yourself to what a single person does. They may have a lot of knowledge and do things really well, but it doesn't mean there aren't other ways of doing things that they may not cover.

Most people have habits they do and they tend to pass those habits on to others, so don't limit yourself as you learn!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Ryiah and Kiwasi like this.
  3. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

Sadly, it cringe me how broken the accent it is (don't get me wrong, I'm an ESL as well), but I can't stand that accent

4. Mikevincent

Mikevincent

No, I agree :) But for me his videos works great :) One week ago I did not know ANY C# at all. Only little 6502 assembly. Now I understand how the Debug.Log(); works, using the Print(function?). I know all data types, their instant values and their prefixes. I understand bitwise operators, logical and assignment operations and so on(like bitwise shift). I know how to tell what
    Debug.Log(13^5);
    It is 8. Using the method to convert to binary.
    And I am now starting with mathf static functions. Well, thats not all but you get how incredibly much I have learned during 7 days only. For, not beeing used to study this is extremely fun :) It is not to brag, I know alot of people are faster learners and knows alooooot more than me. It is more because I dont know any people IRL who knows C# so I cant get any inspiring words IRL. Well, I just had to write some of my feelings around this :).

When I am at it, can someone tell me the difference between ceiltoint and ceil from mathf? Becase.. I can not see any differences?