Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

About the mission 4.6 GUI features in unity 5 beta 9

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by amit1532, Oct 30, 2014.

1. amit1532

amit1532

Hi, Ive been using unity 4.6 before moving to unity 5 beta 9
    I have used the component Canvas Group alot and changed its values during gameplay.
    Now in unity 5 beta 9 I get an exception "MissionMethodException" for various methods used by the Canvas Group, such as OnValueChanged.
    My question is if this issue is going to be fixed in beta 10 and if so, when will it be released?
    I cant play my game right now and its really frustraiting as I waited long for the beta.

(I know I can go back to 4.6, I have a backup. I just think its expected from unity 5 to have 4.6 features)

2. ForceX

ForceX

I have wondered about this too, my thought on it is; they are both in beta so I would not expect all updates in 4.6B as they are released to make there way into 5.0B. I would expect any features / changes in 4.6F to be in 5.0F.

This is just my speculation but I would think that the 4.6 team's focus would be the UI while the 5.0 team's focus would be GI, Audio, and other headliner features for 5.0.

If you are looking to learn the latest and greatest of the UI I would stick with 4.6 for now.

From the 5.0 public beta release page chat section.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  3. Archania

Archania

This has already been asked answered and re asked many times already. Just look through this thread and you'll find the answer.

4. JasonBricco

JasonBricco

There probably should have been a note on the download page stating that it would break features that existed in the latest 4.6 beta just so people would realize that, and perhaps wait for the next beta if necessary. It broke all the canvas scalers that I had set up, although it's not too hard to bring them back at least.

5. amit1532

amit1532

Archania, I couldn't find answer to my question anywhere..
    Will the next beta release fix this issue? And if so when will it be released?

6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

We cannot commit to a particular beta as to when it catches up to the next 4.6 point. The UI team is devoted to 4.6 first and foremost. At final, 5.0 will have all the features of 4.6. However, while things are going in parallel we cannot always keep things in constant synchronization.

7. orb

orb

Can we simply use the 4.6 GUI module in 5.0? That's the sort of thing the module system is for, isn't it? ;)