Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

About the assets store choices

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by DTheChemist, Jun 23, 2021.

1. DTheChemist

DTheChemist

is there Any Free assets for 2D platformer or a bundle of things i can build from thats updated for UNITY 2020 versions? I tried the 2018 Standard Assets bundle that had a ton of 2D & 3D prefabs which was great but it came with a ton of compile errors. So I used my 2019 install and the issue still happened so i decided to just stick with my up to date 2020 install.

Pretty much im trying to study a good 2D template that has the following:

-Run
    -Jump
    -Crouch
    &
    Maybe even attack

Type of game im building in the end will have elements of NES games like Batman, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, shadow of the Ninja & Street fighter 2010. Im not asking for help to create this. NO. I just need better methods and info to learn from to achieve the results i want with the ideas i have.

With that said, for the 2D experts here; if you specialize in 2D platformers and you have a discord or even a Youtube channel that you dont mind answering questions or you do tutorials on your platform from time to time please comment your channel or even Twitter so i can follow. Im eager to learn. I already have basic movements already for my project working. I just need something to follow and understand better to progress further. The docs of Unity are ok but i need to get more in depth stuff specifically with 2D action and animations using it.

Thank you

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021