Search Unity

Question About light mode and lighting window

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Pytchoun, May 16, 2022.

1. Pytchoun

Pytchoun

Hello,

Light mode

We use this panel for manage lighting and set then to real time, baked or mixed.

That mean when i will generate the lighting that will do according to which mode the light is ?

Baked lighting is for static GameObject, real time lighting is for not static GameObject and mixed lighting is for both static and not static GameObject ?
    If i want my light affect both static and not static GameObject i have to select mixed for all my lights ?
    If i want my light to affect only a type of GameObject (static or not static) i have to select real time or baked ?

Note: By static GameObject you refer to which mark checked ?

Lighting Window

Can you tell me what is the difference between realtime lightmaps and baked lightmaps ? I think one is for static GameObject and the other one for not static GameObject (that move on the scene) ?

Note: If you have any advices for setup all this parameters, you can share with me.

If i want realtime lightmaps i have to check this ?

If i want baked lightmaps i have to check this ?

Can i check both for have both lightmaps ?

Static GameObject setup

For the generate lighting work i need to set on each of my GameObject the following checkmark ?
    - Contribute GI
    - Batching Static
    - Reflection Probe Static

Note: If you have any performance and optimization tips, share with me.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  2. Pytchoun

Pytchoun

Hi,

Someone can answer me please ?

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

No.
    Real-time lightmaps use enlighten’s precomputed mode (please look up what that is), baked lightmaps are traditional light mapping.
    Contribute GI for light mapping to work, reflection probe static for reflection probes to show that mesh. Batching static has nothing to do with lighting.

4. Pytchoun

Pytchoun

So what it is ?

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

They are different forms of lighting meshes, with advantages and disadvantages.