Search Unity

Question About Friend Serivce. maximum number active friend

Discussion in 'Friends' started by ray9710, Apr 7, 2023.

1. ray9710

ray9710

Hello, good afternoon. Follwing the document, The maximun limit of active friends is 20, so if I wanted to increase it to 100, for example, what action should I take?

2. GH96

GH96

only 20 sry

3. CoolBeanz7

CoolBeanz7

The best course of action would be to submit a feature request in this thread to increase the limit.

4. ray9710

ray9710

I'll answer if it helps. I asked through feature request, and I received an answer that I am not applying for more than 20 friend yet in beta.

5. Patrick_Janeiro

Patrick_Janeiro

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    in case this tread is still being followed. We recently upgraded the friends max to 50.

CoolBeanz7 and unity-ptrottier like this.
  6. TenaciousDan

TenaciousDan

even 50 is extremely low. For meta quest, the friend cap is like 300+. If you are supporting cross platform then user will have many friends across different platforms. I only want to use friends so that I can send messages from one user to another, unfortunately they also need to be friends to send messages to each other. So now I have to write a workaround using cloud code modules where I force friendships using a service account before sending messages. The friends list is now no longer a friends list but a "list of people I can send messages to" which needs to be managed upon sending a message.

7. Patrick_Janeiro

Patrick_Janeiro

Unity Technologies

8. TenaciousDan

TenaciousDan

I need to send an invitation to invite a friend to my lobby. While the vivox solution may work I feel like it's a huge workaround to something that should be built in to the Friends or Lobby service. In this case it already is but I seem to be gated at every turn, meaning while the functionality is there it is not practical. I'd like a way to send an invite to a user (even though they are not my friend) so that they can receive it, process it, and join my online session. Currently to achieve this, I must use cloud code to convert from username to UGS id and to force friendship between two users, then I can send the invite, then I don't care about the Friends anymore and can clear the users friends on the next request to avoid hitting the friend limit.