Search Unity

Feedback About Favorites in Project View (per project Favorites)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kichang-Kim, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi, I have a feedback for Editor workflow about Favorites (in Project view).

Current, the Favorites are saved globally, so when I work with multiple project which has different folder tree, Favorites becomes totally useless.

I think that Favorites should be saved into each project individually.

Thanks.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

3. IllusionArk-Lee

IllusionArk-Lee

I have the same inconvenience. Project-independent favorites must be provided by default in the editor.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Lars-Steenhoff, laessnb and dmennenoh like this.
  4. laessnb

laessnb

Yes, I work on three projects (one external as a contractor) and this feature sorely needs a per-project variant.

5. antonsem

antonsem

I've been using Unity since 3.2 (or something like that), and I noticed the Favorites only three times or so during my years with Unity. Once I actually tried to use it. My reasoning was that I can manually add assets to this folder for the quick access. Either I couldn't find such option or it doesn't exist. And now I have no idea what it supposed to do or how to use it. As far as I can tell it just sits there, wastes space and annoys me :D I would love to have an option to remove it!

Edit: OK, I figured out how to use it :D and I didn't like it all that much. So yeah, I the option to remove it would be great :D

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  6. huulong

huulong

If we could choose for each Favorite Search if it was User (global/computer) or Project-scoped like Quick Search (see attached screenshot), it would be great.

In the meantime, I guess I'll use Quick Search for Project-scoped searches, but that's not the same interface/window.

Attached Files:

7. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

8. huulong

huulong