Search Unity

About Editor

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by chengwang2077, Apr 9, 2021.

1. chengwang2077

chengwang2077

I always encounter some problems now that I need to delete the Library folder to solve it, but it takes a long time to reopen the project. Almost half of the development time is spent waiting for the editor. Why is Unity Editor inefficient?

2. Brathnann

Brathnann

It's not. If you delete the library, it has to rebuild it. If you're having issues where you need to constantly rebuild it, then you need to figure out why that is. I almost never have to rebuild the library.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. chengwang2077

chengwang2077

Just the opposite of me, deleting the library can solve 80% of the problems

4. Brathnann

Brathnann

Deleting the library should be a later solution and not something you should do often. So again, if you are running into issues where you rush to delete the library, then those issues need to be evaluated, because something else is going on.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It has been a long time since I last needed to delete the Library folder. I think the last time was a result of some corruption when I got an out of memory crash while trying to deep profile Editor play mode (don't do that, the Editor isn't very responsive when you try to tell it to stop :p ). If you keep getting Library problems, you should investigate the cause of those issues. Maybe you're on a Unity version with a Library bug, maybe you keep crashing the Editor with something you're doing, you haven't mentioned what's happening around it.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Deleting the library solves only the symptoms, you need to fix the problems themselves so that you no longer have to delete the library folder. :)

Joe-Censored likes this.