Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

About Announcements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by andeeeee, Sep 25, 2009.

1. andeeeee

andeeeee

The Announcements board is used by UT to... announce... things.

"Things" doesn't explain very much, so let me expand on that. Announcements are typically about new versions of Unity, events you can attend or job vacancies. Obviously these usually originate from the mothership, but if you are willing to overcome a set of twelve obstacles, each more perilous than the last, we might let you post an announcement here. Things you might be allowed to announce are Unity-themed events and major community resources (websites, magazines, etc). If you have such an announcement to make, contact andeeee or one of the other forum moderators by PM and you will be teleported to the first of the twelve obstacles. Generally speaking, only the person initiating the event or resource will be allowed to announce it - don't attempt to announce something on someone else's behalf.

If your representative dies on the obstacle course, or if your announcement is of a more everyday nature, then do not despair - we have already prepared for that. The Collaboration board is an ideal place to post your own job vacancies and Showcase will be only to happy to show off your latest creation. For everything else, there's Gossip. Priceless.

2. ParraToro

ParraToro

what about an Unity Asset Store product I am developing?.. may I announce it by this way?

3. VIC20

VIC20

"used by UT to… announce… things"

"by UT" ;-)

You can announce your Asset Store product on the Assets and Asset Store Board: http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/32-Assets-and-Asset-Store