Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ability to uninstall versions from the Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by PhilSA, Jan 24, 2018.

1. PhilSA

PhilSA

One important thing that I feel is missing from the Hub is the ability to uninstall Unity versions easily. It could just be an option in the "..." button next to installed versions

I often work with 5 to 10 different versions depending of all of my active projects, and I like to clean up installations as I go

ceiselm and Shinugami like this.
  2. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Don't you have it?

3. PhilSA

PhilSA

huh, weird.... I don't have that option

I got it from the blog post. Is there a more recent version?

Edit: Oh, is it maybe that you just have the "Uninstall" option from versions downloaded directly via the hub? I added all of my current versions manually. If that's the case then this isn't really a problem

Shinugami likes this.
  4. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Yeah, I've got it from the Hub.

@Charles_Beauchemin Seems like a bug?

5. orb

orb

My existing Unity installation is only possible to remove from the list, not uninstall, via the hub. If it's going to manage Unity installations they should add uninstallation of any detected version too.

6. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Yes, the uninstall option is only available if the version was installed from the hub.

Shinugami likes this.
  7. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

We will look into your suggestion to be able to uninstall versions that were found using the 'Locate a version'.

8. ksakins

ksakins

@Charles_Beauchemin I agree with the original post. Any update on this? I believe previous installs would go ahead and update the existing version of unity. I don't really want to keep the old manually installed version around, so I'd like to uninstall it. If I can't do it from the hub, how do I do it? I'm on Windows, and uninstalling 2018.1 via the normal uninstallation method in Windows does not appear to be an option. I only see uninstall options for 2018.2 and the Hub.

9. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @ksakins,
    If you don't see the Unity version you would like to uninstall in the "Add or remove programs" on Windows, you may try directly open that Unity version's folder, an Uninstall.exe should be available next to Unity.exe.
    Hope this helps.
    Joe

10. ksakins

ksakins

That worked, thanks :)

Leohd likes this.
  11. thechexmo

thechexmo

Although i could uninstall my previous version of unity using windows' uninstall programs panel, I consider unity hub has to get a function to search other unity installs and give the user management over them.

12. Kerasu

Kerasu

What if I don't have this file?

13. Moosety

Moosety

I don't have the unistall.exe and it doesn't show up as a program anywhere except unity hub. I downloaded the version manually from the unity archive website from the link for unity hub download... I don't know what to do