Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Ability to Remap Pan Shortcut to "Alt + Shift + Left Click" instead of "Middle Click"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Noble-Woods, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Noble-Woods

Noble-Woods

I recently switch from Maya to Blender, and I love that I can easily pan around with "Alt+Shift+Left Click" instead of the standard "Middle Click" pan. Many computer mice have awkward middle click buttons, and I've found that the "Alt+Shift+Left Click" shortcut in Blender is far easier for me to use.

Currently "Shortcuts" in Unity only allow keyboard input and there is no "3D Viewport/Pan" command to replace. It'd be awesome if Unity could add a "3D Viewport/Pan" command and allow mouse input to be combined with keys in Shortcuts.

I created an AutoHotkey script that maps "Alt+Shift+Left Click" to a Middle Click hold, but I can't get it to feel as smooth as Unity's Middle Click pan, which is why I made this feature request. If you want to run the script for yourselves, save the attached text file as a .ahk and run it with AutoHotkey. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Noble-Woods

Noble-Woods

unityunity