Search Unity

Ability to change pivot or grid increment inside the UV editor?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by se, May 18, 2018.

1. se

se

This is sort of a question and if not possible a minor feature request.

Is there a way to have the face pivot in one of the corners rather than the center in the UV editor? I'm working on a pixelated look that requires precise positioning and currently I have to go into the ProBuilder preferences and keep changing the UV snap increment back and forth depending on the size of the face in order for it to snap to the correct UV position.

It would also be helpful if the snap increment could be set right inside the UV editor. Maybe as a dropdown of user-predefined values rather than typing 0.0625, 0.03125, 0.015625 etc. again and again.

The same would helpful for ProGrids as well. Currently I'm disabling "Sync w/ Unity Snap" and set Unity to 1 so that I can at least easily switch between 2 snap increment settings using Ctrl.

Thanks for any help!

hopetolive likes this.
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Sure, there are a few controls that you can use together as you need:

1. Right-Click on the Move handle - this will let you move the handle (UV pivot)
    2. Hold SHIFT - this will snap the handle to vertices
    3. Hold CTRL - this will snap the handle grid points

So, you can hold Right-Click and drag on the handle to start moving the pivot, then hold SHIFT and it will snap to vertices. Get it in the right spot, then release, then hold CTRL and Left-drag to move the UV element, using that new pivot to snap to grid points...or use any other combination, it's a pretty powerful system! :)

Agreed, it would be nice to have UV snap settings in the panel- we have a lot of work to do on that whole window, it'll get a major update in the future :)

About ProGrids- actually, you can use the + and - keys to double/halve the grid, that should save you some time! :)

Hope all this helps!

cp-, hopetolive and se like this.
  3. se

se

Wow! I just tried it and that works perfectly for me. :)
    Thanks so much for the help and the awesome work on everything Pro*.

gabrielw_unity likes this.