Search Unity

ABB file extension instead of APK file extension

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by leynier41, Sep 12, 2019.

1. leynier41

leynier41

When I use Unity Cloud Build with target Android and Build App Bundles (.aab) option deactivated. The first build make a APK file, but the other following are AAB files. I checked that the Build App Bundles (.aab) option are deactivated. Why this happen?

If any need the project to check something? Please, you tell me to for post url of project.

2. victorw

victorw

This sounds like a caching issue. Specifically, the "build app bundles" setting is automatically cached in your Library folder, which gets saved in UCB. In my initial implementation we were overwriting this to match the settings you have defined in UCB but this broke the workflow for several users so I disabled it temporarily. I think enough time has passed now that I can re-enable that functionality but it may take a few days before we're ready to release it.

In the meantime, you should be able to workaround this issue by running a clean build for the APK target - you should only need to do this if you have built a different target using AAB settings though.

leynier41 likes this.