Search Unity

.aab upload fails with unqualified error.

Discussion in 'Android' started by SoftwareGeezers, Aug 26, 2019.

1. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

I have an existing .apk in my Beta track on the Play Store from Unity 2017. I've moved to 2019.1 and built an .aab with 64 bit support. I upload 100% to the Google Play Console and for a brief moment I'm told the store is creating the .apks, but then it fails with a red ERROR and no explanations. I've run a bundletool.jar validation on the .aap and it lists a lot of files followed by a huge amount of empty space, but no errors.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. kaarloew

kaarloew

3. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Sorry, .aab. I have built and uploaded an apk just fine. It actually threw an API level error initially so I rebuilt. Tried a new .aab (API Level 28) which failed, but the API level 28 .apk worked. Frustratingly, I can't release that update either because it doesn't have 64 bit support, apparently, even though 64 bit is enabled in Unity, and Google Play is saying I should use .aab.

4. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Found the issue. You have to provide Google with copies of your signing keys (makes sense). Where this title says, "Let Google Manage your Signing Keys (Recommended)" it's basically essential, and they mention in the overlooked text that this is necessary to use the .aab format.

5. luismoyanomedina

luismoyanomedina

@SoftwareGeezers Hi! I'm just having the exact same error, can you please develop a bit further on how did you provide this keys to Google Play? Thanks!

6. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Sorry, I can't recall the specifics, but it was just a case of following Google's instructions to provide my own keys. IIRC it involved uploading the keystore file. Just walk through all the "Let Google Manage your Signing Keys (Recommended)" links.

7. markokstate

markokstate

I'm having a terrible time getting this to work correctly, cannot seem to get my Google Cert into my key in a valid way. Should I post details/questions in this thread or start a new?

8. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Start a new thread. You'll get more attention and more direct advice. Good luck!