Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!! Upgraded to 1.3.3 and lost all addressables that weren't in a specific group!

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Paul_H23, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Paul_H23

Paul_H23

I've just updated from 1.1.7 to 1.3.3 and all my assets that weren't in specific groups, i.e. were just in the default group, have just completely disappeared!!! Is this expected, have I done something wrong, apart from clicking the update button of course?

Paul

2. Paul_H23

Paul_H23

Just in case anyone else experiences this, not sure what happened at all, but I have a bunch of groups, all were referencing the "LocalBuildPath" and "LocalLoadPath", apart from the default "Packed Assets (Default)" group, which was referencing the "RemoteBuildPath" and "RemoteLoadPath" variables. I rolled back the version of AddressableAssets to 1.1.7, discarded the changes it made to various assets, switched the "Packed Assets (Default)" group to the LocalBuildPath and LocalLoadPath and then systematically updated AddressableAssets one version at a time, through 1.2.x to 1.3.3 and it seems to be fine. Not sure what part of that process fixed it, but that was a scare that I could seriously have done without. Surely no update process should be able to just discard data like that?

Paul

3. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Paul_H23 sorry to hear about that. That does sound very frustrating. I'll definitely make a note to look into that. If you file a bug with Unity would you mind posting the case number in this thread to help us keep track of it.