Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request A way to modify filter and draw settings for core URP passes (e.g. opaque forward render)

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by ElliotB, May 1, 2023.

1. ElliotB

ElliotB

Hi,

I'd really like a way to modify the filter settings and draw settings for URP passes that use DrawObjectsPass (such as the m_RenderOpaqueForwardPass in the UniversalRenderer).

My goal is to enable a custom render feature to exclusively handle rendering of some objects, which then requires the base forward renderer pass to not render these. I'm aware that I could modify the camera and object layer setup, but that requires changes to the project settings (layers) and is generally less robust if I want certain shader types to always be excluded.

Could we have an event OnInitRenderLists, so that subscription would enable us to manipulate the filterSettings and drawingSettings? Alternatively, could the filter and draw settings be done at the configuration stage, before Execute, so that we could intercept and modify them at another point along the pipeline?

https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...versal/Runtime/Passes/DrawObjectsPass.cs#L180

I really love the flexibility of the SRPs to add features - it would be great if we could also modify the existing ones more.

Cheers,
    Elliot