Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing.

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Player7, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Player7

Player7

Thanks Unity..could perhaps add better errors messages that I dunno maybe provide more of a <!R@GE"~:3 clue thanks.. I mean 'A tree'... not 'This tree right here?

Also another one I remember was.. "SpeedTree materials need to be regenerated." .. Maybe something like a path to the actual speedtree texture asset with issues would be nice, or maybe just automate the fix since it literately involves me spending more time trying to find the damn thing only to click apply and then it's fixed :rolleyes:.. these annoying problems often seem to come with imported asset store packages that include demo scenes...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thanks it would be annoying if this managed to get through to a release instead of beta / experimental. Do you have a bug case number?

3. Player7

Player7

I will report it later, as it turns out the Speed material one isn't a problem, I realized the other day after seeing one of those message on importing an asset again that actually clicking the error ""SpeedTree materials need to be regenerated." does actually highlight the offending material in the project window.. I never knew because I have the Console and Project window in the same panel, so I had never noticed this highlighting on clicking the error.. guess that's a pro tip right for those that also use a similar window layout who will never realize this unless they've noticed it before.

However this "A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing." error.. yeah that doesn't do the same project file highlighting of the file at all.. so I'll try do bug report when I can remember what the asset was that caused it.

angel_starr_mauas and hippocoder like this.