Search Unity

A survival driving simulator game to travel from NYC to Mexico City in the 50s

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by novemtails, Feb 5, 2020.

1. novemtails

novemtails

Hi Unity devs

I want to share the development of a game in which I have been working for only a couple of months.

The game is called Beatnik and it's about a long road trip in the 50s. Based on an interactive mechanics system, it becomes a more real driving and survival experience. Your trip begins in New York in the late 1940s and will end in a modern and conglomerate Mexico City.

The loneliness and the beautiful landscapes of the road will lead you to feel alone, vulnerable and reflective. Your only companion will be your Combi, you will have to keep it, replace old parts with new and bright ones and take care of the state of gasoline. As if that wasn't enough, you'll also be careful not to pass out due to hunger, thirst or fatigue.

At the end of each day during your trip, a warm and cozy bed will be waiting for you at the back of your car.

One of my main inspirations are Gone Home and A Piece Of The Universe.

I share a small sample video of the first steps of the driving system. It is worth mentioning that I am a developer living in Mexico and with 4 years of development experience.

I hope to have a small playable beta in a month. So it would be great to have your participation to play it and I appreciate your recommendations and criticisms.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    jamespaterson likes this.
  2. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Looks cool. I like the art style! Good luck with your project

novemtails likes this.