Search Unity

A Survey (Google Form) For Game Testers. This is For a University Research Paper, help pleassssse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vic_tang, Apr 17, 2019.

1. vic_tang

vic_tang

Hi everyone, my name is Victor and I'm currently a first year college student in Amsterdam, I'm writing a research report about the precarity of video game testers. In order to get enough data (in 1 month), I figured conducting surveys online would be ideal.

This is very important to me since I won't be able to finish the report without this data. So I am thanking all of you who helped in advance, I really appreciate it.

So here is the survey, if possible please answer the questions in details. To protect your privacy, the survey is in Google form, as you know, it is completely anonymous. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...PHBj-nPezwnuTuDX8wzc1vlg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Try using something like google forms so people can submit anonymously and its easier to work with the final data ;)

angrypenguin and Ryiah like this.
  3. vic_tang

vic_tang

Thanks a lot!!!!!

4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Who is this survey for? The questions seem to assume that I'm already working specifically as a game tester, so I don't think this survey is for me, but I'm not entirely sure. The intro on the first page should tell me whether or not this survey is for me.

Another question assumes that I get mistreated at work, and another assumes that all work is contract based. I suggest at least giving people the option to say if those things don't apply to them.

The question about platforms is one that some people may be unable to answer. NDAs are pretty common, and sometimes pretty broad. You do have an "other" field there, at least.

I'll also say that I had to look up what "precarity" means, which could impact the quality of data you get around the question that directly asks about it.

My point here isn't to gripe, it's to help you improve the survey so you can get useful data. Good luck with it!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  5. vic_tang

vic_tang

Thanks for the advice! I do realize there are some mistakes, gonna work on that for sure.

angrypenguin likes this.
  6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

You've improved that a lot!