Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Question A strange case of "cannot find root motion transform"

Discussion in 'Animation' started by bitinn, Mar 11, 2021.

1. bitinn

bitinn

Hi all,

We are facing a very very strange case of generic animation doesn't appear to match rigged model.

Both the model fbx and the animation fbx have root transform, as we verified via Maya and Blender, but in Unity, it randomly fails on import, see following screenshots:

animation-01.png
    animation-02.png

just by duplicating the fbx and re-importing them, the animation avatar will somehow become valid again, and we can play them in inspector and in-game without issues.

The problem is the randomness, both me and my colleague are able to reproduce the error randomly, with the same files. This confuses the hell out of us, because it's like a phantom issue that appear and disappear in front of our face.

Same works in Maya and in Unreal, no problem whatsoever.

Should I create a bug ticket to unity? Anyone have good guess on why?

javadgholami1369 likes this.
  2. javadgholami1369

javadgholami1369

really how to fix this annoying bug