Search Unity

A snake game with a twist!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TylerPerry, Mar 15, 2012.

1. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I’m making this for a new I’m forging it’s going to be another modern take on the classic game snake.
    Gameplay:
    The game is going to work almost identically to PillarSnake, the only difference is going to be there are no pillars also no lag and more features :D rather simple so cant really think of much else to post.
    Latest builds:
    $Advancesnakescreen.png

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

reserved

3. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I'm looking to see if people get the problem of the snake randomly dying once eating the food?

4. tatelax

tatelax

This game is so fun. I liked the pillars in the old game though :(

Can you explain how you make the actual snake?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. Willster

Willster

I played it for a few minutes and the snake didn't randomly die whilst eating food.

6. Acumen

Acumen

Yeh I think gamemechanic wise, the snake movement and placement is a bit random/not polished enough. The freeroam movement results in everything being supersensible. Seems like some sort of overlaying prblem. Also looks a bit weird, that the invidivual pieces don't rotate with the heads movement. They seem to be orientated always upwards.

Not sure, for what kind of crits you're going for, since it's such an early release and you didn't state exactly what will come up next. I'll keep watching as usual :)
    Good luck !

7. TehWut

TehWut

although this is not bad, I thought pillar snake was a better concept and it looked more polished and had more depth to gameplay (although the grid movement doesn't look too bad, it has it's glitches).

8. virror

virror

Nice one, but i also like pillar snake more as a concept : p
    Feels a bit more unique, also the name was pretty good ; )

9. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I proboly should have said that its verry far off, ive only been doing it for a few days :)

@ Tatelax, i cant realy tell you exactly how i made it because alot of the secrates are from this wonderful package by JustinLloyd, alot of the tricks to make a snake are in there :) I dont think he has relesed it yet, if you wish to make a snake game maby talk to him about were to purchase that package?[This is a webplayer of his snake]

@ everyone else, I kind of get what you mean with the pillars, but i think once this is done it will be a better experiance for the player then PillarSnake also alot mor is still to be implimented, but i wanto get the snake control perfect before i move on :D

This is the latest version it gives smother turning/movement :D

10. TylerPerry

TylerPerry