Search Unity

A Service Provider for Playtesting?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by FlashMuller, Sep 15, 2021.

1. FlashMuller

FlashMuller

Hey guys,
    so I have a game nearing completion and I have had it playtested "Indie-Style" - friends and family that is. I want to (and as I can't have anymore first time experiences) have to change my approach.
    I was wondering if anyone of you has used or does know companies providing PlayTesting for apps. I know fiverr has some single persons on offer, but I was hoping for something a little more professional.
    Thanks.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

At two different points in my life I worked for this company in different roles, though I have not worked there for over 5 years now.

https://www.betabreakers.com/

They can do different types of testing depending on your needs. Small one off tests, repeated regression test plans as you develop new builds, they can do hardware compatibility testing to look for hardware related issues or help you define your min-spec hardware configuration. Pretty much whatever you want, though last I worked there they weren't big on automation, being primarily manual testing.

I'm probably bound by NDA to still not say who their customers are, but there's a few names you'd recognize that aren't even listed on their website, and plenty of small projects from companies you probably never have heard of.

JoeStrout and angrypenguin like this.